DromonClass 2019 snapshot
09 January 2020
This article intends to highlight Dromon Bureau of Shipping (DromonClass) achievements, milestones and major events that occurred within 2019. Since our establishment in 2003, the Organization shows steady growth and provides a quality solution in both Classification and Environmental Services.
Authorization by four additional Flag Administrations
In 2019, below listed Flag Administrations have authorized DromonClass as a Classification Society, Recognized Organization (RO) and Recognized Security Organization (RSO) to perform class and statutory certification services on their behalf. These are:
- Belarus; and
For our authorization matrix, click here.
DBS successfully finalized the verification for the EU MRV Regulation, ahead of deadline
DromonClass Environmental Division has worked extensively and in April 2019 completed and submitted the satisfactorily verified Emissions Reports of our fleet to the EU Commission using the THETIS MRV database ahead the deadline.
Training on Ship Recycling
DromonClass has carried out a training on the Ship Recycling on October 23rd to 25th, 2019 in Limassol, Cyprus. The training was addressed to DBS Exclusive Surveyors as well as Dromon Head Office personnel.
The Trainees had a chance to understand the requirements of the EU SRR Regulation and the Hong Kong Convention as well as:
- be familiar with the Inventory of Hazardous Materials template and documents for compliance;
- be familiar with specific aspects of methods for sampling, ship equipment, risk assessment prior the ship recycling survey, preparation of VSCP and RCP, ship specific IHMs;
- how to take samples and documentation of inspections on board of ships;
- be familiar with the safe working conditions and protective equipment; and
- how to conduct an initial, renewal, additional and final ship recycling survey, issue/endorse the applicable certificate and complete the report.
For more information on the EU SRR Regulation, click here.
A strategic programme has been developed for 2020. We can assure our clients, colleagues and associates further enhancements.
As a modern Classification Society, we are looking forward to the challenges ahead and how we can further serve the community. We are looking forward in expanding our activities, growing and further digitalization.