Firms providing services on behalf of the owner of a ship or a mobile offshore unit, the results of which are used by our Surveyors in making decisions affecting classification are subject to our approval.
Where such services are used by our Surveyors in making decisions affecting statutory certification, the firms are subject to our approval. For such services we may also accept approvals done by:
- the flag Administration itself;
- duly authorized organization acting on behalf of the flag Administration; or
- other Organizations that are acceptable to the flag Administration (e.g. other governments, etc.).
We can approve service suppliers providing classification services as follow:
- Firms engaged in thickness measurements of ships except non-ESP ships less than 500 gross tonnage and all fishing vessels.
- Firms engaged in tightness testing of hatches with ultrasonic equipment
- Firms carrying our in-water survey of ships and mobile offshore units
- Firms engaged in the examination of Ro-Ro ships bow, stern, side and inner doors.
- Firms engaged in testing of coating systems in accordance with the IMO and IACS unified requirements.
Also, certification may be issued by DromonClass for suppliers offering statutory services as shown below:
- Firms engaged in servicing inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats, marine evacuation systems
- Firms engaged in inspections and testing of radio communication equipment
- Firms engaged in inspections and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Firms engaged in annual performance testing of Voyage Data Recorders (VDR) and simplified Voyage Data Recorders (S-VDR)
- Firms engaged in sound pressure level measurements of public address and general alarm systems on board ships
- Firms engaged in inspections of low location lighting systems using photo luminescent materials and evacuation guidance systems used as an alternative to low-location lighting systems
- Firms engaged in maintenance, thorough examination, operational testing, overhaul and repair of lifeboats and rescue boats, launching appliances and release gear
- Firms engaged in inspection, performance testing and maintenance of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Firms engaged in survey using Remote Inspection Techniques (RIT) as an alternative means for Close-up Survey of the structure of ships and mobile offshore units.
- Firms engaged in Visual/Sampling Checks and Testing for Hazardous Materials, such as Asbestos, PCBs, TBTs, CFCs and PFOS onboard Ships.
How we can assist
Our Auditors approve your service supply according to our procedures in line with IACS URs. Following an audit, DromonClass issues a Certificate of Approval to your company that is evidence of compliance of your service with our requirements in respect of conformance, competency and quality.