ERETES online survey status
- General information about the fleet
- Completed surveys
- Due surveys through the “Survey Calendar”
- Download copies of certificates and manuals
- Review pending recommendations/ classification memos and download comprehensive reports
- Review pending Port State Control deficiencies and download individual reports
- Export a complete survey status
- Request a service
The platform is constantly updated as it uses identical database with DBS Head Office.
The platform is having a responsive design which means that it provides an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitors to tablets and mobile devices.
“ERETES: Rowers of Dromon ships”
In the 10th century A.D. three types of Dromon vessels distinguished.
These were minor, the average and major Dromon ship. The minor Dromon ships had 25 paddles on each side and a total of 50 ERETES. It was light and fast ships used in important missions or pursue. The average Dromon ships had 50 paddles on each side at two successive rows, or 25 per row. The ERETES located on top were considered the elite rowers as well as the best fighters. The major Dromon ships had 200 eretes in two tiers. Two eretes were used for each paddle due to the large size of the Dromon ship.
The size of Dromon ships has been calculated to be approximately at 35 meters and could reach up to 50 meters. ERETES where rowing Dromon ships at a speed of 6-7 nautical miles an hour.