ships in service
We are accepting ships to be transferred from one Society to Dromon. Following successful completion of our surveys, Dromon Surveyors issue on spot the applicable Classification and Statutory Certificates.
Your initial request is handled by our Transfer of Certification (ToC) Department that will usually request the following documents:
- Dromon application form duly completed to clearly specify the losing Society. This will allow us to contact the losing Society and request further information for your ship.
- Copies of Classification Certificate (with all endorsements)
- Copies of Statutory Certificates (with all endorsements)
- An updated Survey status report from losing Society
- Valid flag State certificates. In case your ship is changing flag, the anticipated flag Administration must be stated in our application form.
Dromon Council will evaluate your application. Within the same day of submitting your request we can confirm if the vessel can be accepted by Dromon and under which conditions. In case your vessel is not accepted by Dromon Council, the reasons will be explained and presented.
It is our practice during ToC the surveys to be conducted to be a continuation of ship’s survey cycle. In case your ship is not within the window for a survey then the minimum scope of surveys to be conducted on board during our ToC is annuals.
Our Marine Division will submit to you a “Pre-survey Information Sheet” that includes all necessary information for preparing your vessel. In this sheet you will also find your obligations for Health and Safety (H&S) matters on board such as the conditions under which our Surveyors may conduct the survey, requirements for access to structures, survey at sea or at anchorage etc.
Upon successful completion of our surveys, the Surveyor will issue on spot the applicable Classification and/or Statutory certificates to the vessel. The Surveyor will issue Provisional/Short Term Certificates with validity three months from the date of completion of the surveys.
Within maximum 48 hours you will be able to download copies of the issued certificates through ERETES Platform.
Full Term Certificates are issued by Dromon Head Office and upon successful review of the ship’s file.
Contact our ToC Department for further information and guidance on this matter.