Energy Efficiency – Operational practices on ships in service
We can assist and guide you on achieving cost-efficient environmental solutions for your fleet. DBS has extensive experience and can guide you on implementing important technical measures that aim on using more energy efficient operational practices on ships in service.
In addition we may support you during the initial stages of design to use the best practices for achieving the optimum energy efficient level on board your ship.
DBS can advise and guide you on the following measures:
- Hull Form Optimization
- Energy-saving devices
- Structural Optimization
- Technologies on Machinery
- Fuel Efficiency of Ships in Service
How we can assist
Among others, the services we offer include:
- Survey and certification of the Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI)
- Calculation of the attained Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI)
- Determination of minimum propulsion power to maintain the manoeuvrability of ships in adverse conditions
- Review and approval of Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plans