Information to be included in the Bunker Delivery Note
18 May 2018 | C18019
The amendments to Appendix V of MARPOL consist revised information to be included in the Bunker Delivery Note, coming in force 1 January 2019.
Ship Owners/ Managers/ Operators | Surveyors/Auditors
Resolution MEPC.286(71) has been adopted with amendments to Appendix V of MARPOL requiring additional information to be included in the Bunker Delivery Note (BDN) for “purchaser’s specified limit value” of the sulphur content. This applies specifically for ships equipped with SOx scrubbers.
Item 9 of the BDN is replaced with the following:
“A declaration signed and certified by the fuel oil supplier’s representative that the fuel oil supplied is in conformity with regulation 18.3 of this Annex and that the sulphur content of the fuel oil supplied does not exceed:
- the limit value given by regulation 14.1 of this Annex;
- the limit value given by regulation 14.4 of this Annex; or
- the purchaser’s specified limit value of ____ (% m/m), as completed by the fuel oil supplier’s representative and on the basis of the purchaser’s notification that the fuel oil is intended to be used:
- in combination with an equivalent means of compliance in accordance with regulation 4 of this Annex; or
- is subject to a relevant exemption for a ship to conduct trials for sulphur oxides emission reduction and control technology research in accordance with regulation 3.2 of this Annex.
The declaration shall be completed by the fuel oil supplier’s representative by marking the applicable box(es) with a cross (x).”
The IMO resolution MEPC.286(71) can be found here.
Ship Owners/ Managers/ Operators should take into consideration above amendments when receiving bunker delivery notes on or after 1 January 2019.
Dromon Surveyors are requested to take into consideration the above amendments during forthcoming statutory MARPOL/IAPP surveys, irrespective of scope.